A new investigation dedicated to social media accounts, communication apps, and entertainment service accounts. And since October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month 🍁, we thought you would like to remind people about this issue and cover it.
Here’s what we have discovered:
- You can buy ALL hacked social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Discord, Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, Reddit) for $127.
- Access to all entertainment service accounts annually costs $100 (Apple Music, Netflix, Disney+, Spotify, Hulu, Twitch, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, SoundCloud).
- Hacked communication and live chat tools cost $93.
- LinkedIn and Gmail are the most expensive accounts. Both cost $45.
- Lots of hacked accounts are sold under $10 – TikTok $8, Skype $8, Telegram $6, Signal $6, Amazon Prime $9.
- Most of these are obtained from social engineering or phishing campaigns after hackers have compromised users’ email addresses used at registration.
You can check the full report here – https://whizcase.com/dark-web-social-media-prices/
“We have been monitoring dark web prices for three years, and we are noticing that the prices are getting cheaper. It’s because hackers have collected large amounts of data, so they can sell it so cheap, and it’s still will be very profitable for them to do this.
We think this trend will stay with us for a few more years if the cybersecurity landscape does not change.”