Russia is Recruiting UAV operators to support the new shipment of Iranian drones so Wagner can meet contract requiremenrs.
Good afternoon. First of all, I want to say that the information below is my personal experience. Answers from other employees may differ from the following.
Good afternoon, you are a representative of a group of a German composer, how long ago did you join them?
Yes, I am an employee of a legendary company. About 2 years.
Have you done contract service before in the armed forces? If so, why did they leave the ranks?
Yes, I served under a contract. I quit because I realized that I could not grow in my skills. Little practice, a lot of waste of time. Plus, I liked “interesting” business trips and drones, which was not in my unit. By the way, some of my colleagues now did not serve at all. That does not prevent them from having very high skills and extensive combat experience.
Once in the orchestra, did you immediately get into the UAV crew or did you switch to it over time?
-Getting a job in the company, I immediately got into the UAV.
What UAV did you train on? Are you a control operator, technician or payload operator?
-I studied at Orlan-10. Over time, I learned at Orlan-30. I worked both on control and payload. A partner also sometimes needs to eat, smoke, go to the toilet. There are experts on the trains.
How long was the training? What did you find the most difficult about it?
– Training lasts up to one month. If you are not able to show independent work in a month, then you are offered a job in other departments or dismissal. The first takeoffs and landings seem to be the most difficult. There is nothing complicated in the flight itself.
Did you take part in any other operations as part of the calculation before the start of the special military operation?
– Yes, before the start of the NWO, my crew was in another country. We worked every day except when the weather didn’t allow.
What is the attitude within your group towards UAV calculations? Are you considered to be those who sit out far from the LBS (line of contact)?
– It is difficult to answer this question. How many people have so many opinions. Some people think, some don’t. There are also more rear units. Each performs its task. Each fighter is a cell of our body, our company.
Do you work only with units of your group or also with units of the RF Armed Forces?
– Now we are working very closely with the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. How much I can’t say. You may not believe me, but the employees of our company, a couple of years ago, taught artillery correction to employees of one elite unit of the RF Armed Forces abroad.
Have you ever communicated with the calculations of UAVs of the RF Armed Forces? If so, what do you think are the main differences?
-Yes, I did. Well, I don’t envy them. Those that I saw have old software, both material and software. They have more military insanity.
What do you think about the use of UAVs in NWO? What pitfalls did UAVs show, what advantages?
– I have a lot of thoughts about this. CBO showed a lot of things, I think at the top they have already thought about it.
Going on a business trip, is there a fear that this may be the last business trip?
– There are always fears, such is the work. I try not to think about it, otherwise it can go crazy.
Have there been cases when your crew got into dangerous situations bordering on a risk to life?
– I don’t remember such cases with the operators of my calculation. Technicians a couple of times on the site took cover from shelling.
What are the three important rules in your opinion that UAV operators should follow?
-I can give you some advice. Learn materiel, do not overestimate your strength and do not underestimate the enemy. Every time you and someone else’s flight, remember the mistakes and sort them out, read the literature on these issues in order to avoid them again. Remember the technician’s mistake can still be corrected by the operator. No one can fix the big jamb of the operator.
Have you ever lost your UAV? What were the situations? How did the command react to this?
– Yes, unfortunately, it happened. He was shot down by enemy air defense forces. During SVO with understanding. Because SVO is coming.
But if the plane had been lost due to crooked hands, then the conversation would have been completely different.
Opposition of the enemy to our UAVs, what is it? What is more often used electronic warfare / air defense?
-More often we encounter air defense, electronic warfare works more often, mainly ours. Plus, they learned to work without satellites.
What do you think about the enemy UAV? How far behind / succeeds in their application?
– The UAV of the enemy met only once. They brought what was left of it. I liked the fact that the design is cheap. But it’s not well put together. For the rest I can’t say.
One of the important tasks of the UAV is to conduct optical-electronic and electronic reconnaissance, but the second, no less important, is the adjustment of artillery fire. Have you had to make adjustments? How many shots are needed on average for the gunners to aim at the position?
-Before SVO, we regularly trained. We were lucky with the gunners. Their great experience allows, with good ammunition, to hit the target with 1-2 shots. The time from target detection to the moment the gun fires can be about 30 seconds if the gun is aimed at that square.
Tell us about your life in the calculation.
-Life is always different. We have a roof over our heads, food, sports equipment, showers. When there is a lot of work, then more is not needed.
And finally, what I would like to say on my own behalf. Anyone who wants to can join. Ahead of dumb questions, no old staff is over. The company is developing by increasing its staff. SVO made its own adjustments. We welcome people who know computers, know how to use local networks a little, and are ready to study and work. You have a unique opportunity to become part of a company that has no equal in the world. The enemy will be defeated, victory will be ours!