The whole country defends itself, repulses enemy attacks and helps the victims, and also collects evidence of barbaric aggression of the Russian Federation and its war crimes. For each of us, just punishment of the enemy is as important as victory.
And we are grateful to public and private initiatives, opinion leaders and experts for creating such channels of communication. However, all important information about enemy crimes must be accumulated and properly documented. We have a single resource for this – https://warcrimes.gov.ua. This is a kind of evidence hub with which all law enforcement and government agencies work.
On the platform’s website, step-by-step instructions for those who provide evidence of crimes in the Russian Federation. By adhering to it, everyone will be able to make a great contribution to our common victory on the legal front as well.
Examples of war crimes:
- damage to civil infrastructure facilities;
- shell fragments within the city;
- facts of injury / death of civilians as a result of the use of weapons by the occupier;
- location and use of military equipment in residential areas of the city, the conduct of hostilities by the occupier in residential areas of the city;
- violence against medical staff, damage to medical vehicles, hospitals, equipment;
- violence against the clergy, damage / destruction of religious buildings (temples, mosques, synagogues, etc.);
- use by the occupier of civilian clothes, uniform of the Armed Forces, emblems of humanitarian and medical institutions;
- facts of physical violence, imprisonment of civilians by the occupier;
- use of civilian infrastructure for military purposes under the guise of civilians;
- seizure of property, looting by occupation forces;
- denial or denial of access to medical care.
To record a war crime,
- leave information about yourself (it is under reliable protection);
- describe the violation with the exact location and all the details (victims, damage, etc.);
- upload photo or video evidence.