· Putin of Russia stated that the country has a competitive advantage in bitcoin mining and would rather tax and regulate bitcoin than ban it.
· Head of Binance for Eastern Europe, Gleb Kostarev, hopes to expand crypto operations in Russia. The exchange recently recruited three new executives in Russia and Ukraine.
· Entertainment site Reddit testing NFT avatars.
· YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki announced that NFT integration is part of the company’s strategic plan.
· Binance Labs makes a strategic investment in Solv Protocol, a decentralized platform for creating, managing and trading Financial NFTs representing ownership and financial rights such as vouchers.
· Nasdag-listed 92-year-old US commercial bank, Flushing Financial Corporation, to launch Bitcoin services in Q1 2022. The bank currently manages $8 billion in total assets.
· Belgian MP Christophe De Beukelaer becomes the first European politician to receive a salary in Bitcoin using the Bit4You crypto trading platform.
· Plutus, the smart contract platform on Cardano, has reached the milestone of 1000 contracts in just 4 months.
· Sonic, the first DEX on the Dfinity platform launched this past Sunday.
· Chinese food delivery giant Meituan has become the latest tech company to integrate central bank digital currency (CBDC) payments for its services.
· Ethereum’s hash rate hit a new ATH at 1.11 PH/s, surpassing the old 1.08 PH/s.
· Asset management giant Fidelity has applied to the SEC for approval of two more ETFs that track metaverse and crypto companies, the Fidelity Metaverse ETF and the Fidelity Crypto Industry & Digital Payments ETF.
· Binance partners with Paysafe to enable deposits and withdrawals of EUR via the SEPA payment network.
Basketball star LeBron James partners with Crypto.com to help kids learn about the digital future.
· The largest NFT marketplace on Ethereum OpenSea has been hacked with a large amount of 150 ETH worth of NFTs.
· The defi project on the BSC Qubit Finance platform was hacked with $80 million worth of BNB.
Read Time:1 Minute, 36 Second