The Iranian Supreme Court upheld the death sentences of three young men in the 1970s for participating in the November protests.
The Supreme Court of Iran upheld the death sentences of Amir Hossein Moradi, Saeed Tamjidi and Mohammad Rajabi, three young men arrested during the nationwide protests in November 2009.
A government that has no legitimacy among the people and is in fact dissolved accordingly, but brazenly allows himself to arrest people for protesting against the illegitimate government and to execute them.
The three, all born in the early 1970s, were previously charged in early March last year in a court presided over by Abolghasem Salavati on charges of armed conflict, illegal exit from the country, and participation in protests and participation in destruction.
At the time, the death sentence was handed down to Amnesty International, calling the trial unfair and saying the three had been tortured during interrogation to obtain a confession.
The lawyers of the three defendants in the November 1998 protests, whose execution was reportedly upheld by the Supreme Court, say they have not yet been able to access and defend the cases of their clients.
The Hrana website reported on July 23 that the death sentences of Amir Hossein Moradi, Saeed Tamjidi, and Mohammad Rajabi had been upheld by the Supreme Court. But following the widespread coverage of the news on social media, the Young Reporters Club, affiliated with the broadcaster, quoted a news source as saying that “a verdict on the detainees in November has not been confirmed.”
Mustafa Nili, a family lawyer for the three defendants, tweeted on Thursday, July 26, that “yesterday I read the news of the confirmation of my clients’ death sentences in a number of media outlets, and yesterday a number of other media outlets denied it.”
He added that as a lawyer, “I have not yet been able to enter the case and declare my representation. “I hope this illegal process ends as soon as possible.” MostafaNili58
Hussein Taj, another lawyer for the families, said the news of the confirmation of the death sentences of the three detainees in the November events was “shocking”, adding that “despite obtaining a power of attorney, it has not been possible to enter the Supreme Court.” “If the verdict is upheld, we will request a retrial.” hosein_taj
Some acquaintances and relatives of the defendants told Radio Farda that their families are under severe security pressure not to report on their children’s condition.
Despite two days of widespread protests against the rulings on social media, no official from the Islamic Republic’s judiciary has yet agreed to confirm or deny the verdicts against Amir Hossein Moradi, Saeed Tamjidi and Mohammad Rajabi.
The three men, all born in the early 1970s, were tried and sentenced to death in a court of law last March, presided over by Abolghasem Salavati, on charges of armed conflict, illegal exit from the country, participation in protests and participation in destruction. They were also sentenced to a total of 38 years in prison and 222 lashes.
Amnesty International at the time called their trial “unfair” and said they had been tortured during interrogation to obtain a confession.
You must be logged in to post a comment.