GISTED from Russian:
Several factions led by Al-Qaida’s Syrian branch, Huras ad-Din, have announced the formation of a new operational headquarters, Resolve (Gurfat Amaliyat Fasbatu).
The previous “And encourage believers”, apparently, did not achieve any significant results.
The composition of the “Operation Headquarters Resolve”:
– “Huras ad-Din” (“Guardians of the Faith”);
– “Tansikyat al-Jihad” (“Coordination of Jihad”);
– “Liva al-Mukatilin al-Ansar” (“Brigade of supporter fighters”);
– “Jabhat Ansar ad-Din” (“Front of the Defenders of the Faith”);
– “Jamaat Ansar al-Islam” (“Group of advocates of Islam”).
According to the British jihadologist Charles Lister, the total strength of the new alliance can reach 3,000 militants.
While Khayyat Tahrir al-Sham continues the course of “moderation,” all those radicals that once joined the Jebhat al-Nusra, responding to the call of Ayman al-Zawahiri, are now fighting in the ranks of the above groups.