The main criteria for choosing a tool to ensure the anonymity of your OS is the functionality and quality of ensuring anonymity (reliability of redirecting and blocking traffic). You can evaluate the level of anonymity using the following services:
- Identification of the use of anonymization tools.
- Search for IP leaks or other data relevant to anonymity.
- Check if you are using Tor network. Be very careful with this service – it does not support IPv6. If you incorrectly configured traffic routing on your PC, then this service will write that Tor is used, although all IPv6 traffic can go directly, revealing your IPv6 address.
- Search for various leaks.
- Search for DNS leaks.
- What every web browser knows about you.
- Checking prints that can be collected from your web browser.
- Additional material: I recommend that you read the selection of resources to check the level of personal privacy and security on the network.