On drones, part 1
Of course, the individual skill of the performer allows you to “block” the failures of the performance characteristics of any technique. As well as surpassing the possibilities of technology allow leveling the lack of skill.
The importance of learning and honing a skill is an axiom. Management only in manual mode, orientation to the terrain and the use of offline maps on the second screen is a common truth.
We proceed from reality – the vast majority of drone operators combine a position and comprehend mastery empirically, and drone training is a must today!
Here are comments point by point:
1. “Does not give a stable FCC indication” – there are ways to check if the FCC mode is on. “Eats a battery” – it does not matter. Instead of 30 minutes it will be 25-28. Not essential.
2. “For iOS”… The iOS app forces the drone’s transponder to turn on. Never use iPhones! Life threatening!
3. “Requires a downgrade” – far-fetched argument. Firstly, not all drones need it – often drones need to be upgraded to the required firmware, and secondly, downgrade – the firmware of the previous version takes 10-20 minutes. Tolerable.
4. “Hidden unpleasant functions” – Western intelligence services can, theoretically, introduce them through the Drone-hacks website.
Exactly how DJI themselves do it publicly through drone firmware updates. And as experience shows, the soldier operators are striving to update both the drone and the DJI FLY software to the latest version. Than put themselves in much greater danger.
Drone-Hacks operates all over the world, and it makes no sense to spoil their reputation for the sake of CBO, burying their business.
The percentage of drones with such firmware in the CBO on our part is hardly more than 1%.
5. The paragraph about electronic warfare and NFZ is incomprehensible. But, as I understand it, electronic warfare has problems with such drones – drones work more stable. The usefulness of unlocking no-fly zones is confirmed.
6. Hiding the drone’s ID is turning off the transponder. The drone is absolutely not visible on the screens of Aeroscopes. Exclusively on the screens of Aeroscopes!!!! On other electronic warfare and radars, the drone, as a physical object in the sky, is perfectly visible both with and without the transponder turned on. These radars do not know at all about the existence of a transponder on board the drone, they do not read it and do not recognize it. They work exclusively on a physical object and its direction finding.
6a. There is one difference in the Aeroscope and the electronic warfare known to me – the range. An aeroscope within a radius of 50 km sees only DJI drones, and the detectors and drone suppressors known to me and available for purchase on the free market work to detect within a radius of 3 km, and suppress 2 km.
7. Regarding the cost… FCC+NFZ = 40 euros or 3000 rubles. Minuscule compared to the price of the drone. You can not even raise the issue of 40 euros!
8. The Pilot Position point is calculated by direction finding methods in an exceptionally small radius – the enemy must have very densely spaced electronic warfare equipment in this area.
Moreover, these tools take direction finding not only DJI, but absolutely any drones. All manufacturers.
I can imagine Aeroscopes spaced at 30 km steps. EW facilities with a step of 3 km along the front line – sorry, but this is a utopia.
9. “In other words …” – where such a conclusion comes from is completely incomprehensible. A stronger signal allows you to work further, an unlocked NFZ not only protects against spoofing, but also allows the drone to operate from an unattainable height (for example, 1 km).
Well, the switched off transponder provides the operator with absolute freedom – the VFU does not see the drone, does not wait, does not aim for the interception of the area of \u200b\u200bthe sky known to them in advance. And they do not cover the Home points, which the drone actively broadcasts throughout the flight.
10. “90% of drone pilots” … well, damn it. I can give an example of a height restriction in Izyum for a drone flight of 120 meters. Without unlocking the NFZ, all drones are disabled, they can be seen and heard perfectly at such a height, and it is impossible to work with them!
Checking if a drone is hacked or not is POSSIBLE AND NECESSARY – we have instructions. In addition, you need to flash drones yourself, and not trust commercial structures!
If you dive headlong into the conspiracy theory and believe that DH hacks really use some drone capabilities hidden under a tinfoil hat and “fire” something at the enemy – well, don’t put them on.
Fly low (sometimes at 30 meters) and with a weak signal.
But TURN OFF THE TRANSPONDER on the drone…
Turning it off has absolutely no negative consequences.
Do DJI drones need flashing in a war
Since the beginning of the special operation, a large number of new pilots have appeared in the army. They often learned to operate the drone on their own and approached reading the instructions after losing it. Many were lucky, so they have not yet gone into the details of operation.
In “drone” as well as in general in the army, the less experience, the more “tactical”. The soldier has not yet held a weapon in his hands, but he already knows from the Internet about the endless benefits of a body kit. Therefore, many are looking for a universal remedy that will solve all problems.
Much has been written about the need to improve the performance of commercial DJI drones. Generally, TTX improvements are divided into two types. Refinement of the design of the drone and the removal of flight restrictions.
The most common improvements. Part 1:
Increasing power and lifting restrictions for flights in the No Fly Zone
Waiting: reinforced concrete communication signal between the remote control and the drone. The ability to fly freely in restricted areas.
Reality: reduction in flight time due to increased battery consumption to maintain this very power. Rarely and certainly not everyone may need it.
The location of the drone is determined by the coordinates of its GPS receiver, and the FakeGPS method is dead. There is DroneHacks, but it works stably only under iOS, does not indicate the inclusion of FCC mode, requires a downgrade. In addition, during the NWO period, we run the risk of running into hidden unpleasant functions in the firmware with a binary from Western specialists.
The experience of the CBS has shown that electronic warfare systems that send a drone to the No Fly Zone are not always effective in modern DJI copters. The drone treats the momentary geolocation change (spoofing) as a glitch, enters Vision Position mode, and continues flying normally. At night, the UAV switches to ATTI mode and its further fate depends on the pilot’s ability to fly in manual mode. We remind you that we are not talking about DJI Mini 2/3/SE.
In cases of complex use of electronic warfare, hiding the ID and coordinates of the Home point by the drone will not save you from direct direction finding, and increasing the power of the transmitters will only simplify the calculation of the Pilot Position. During the operation of such systems, everything “falls”, including the enemy himself (no one has canceled the radiation pattern) and the performance characteristics of a civilian drone, improved for a lot of money, alas, will only increase the bitterness of his loss.
In other words, on standard non-hacked equipment, experienced pilots have a much higher chance of completing a flight on a regular basis. However, we do not call for a complete abandonment of “flashing” and “amplifications”. They can be useful for experienced pilots. But the money spent on this may not bring the proper result, because 90% of all “drone pilots” may never encounter a situation where such “hacking” is needed. At the same time, it is not easy to check that the drone was really “hacked” and not cheated on you for a tidy sum. For these funds, it is better to buy another drone