Let’s start our review with several different degrees of strangeness of Lukashenka’s statements:
1) called the behavior of Polish President Andrzej Duda in Kyiv incomprehensible – “Practically does not solve anything in Poland. Engaged in these fakes”;
2) is concerned about the plans of NATO and Poland to take over Western Ukraine – “This is their strategy for Western Belarus as well.”
In the language of the Euronews channel – No Comment
State TV aired a story about the “surrender of the ‘neo-Nazis’ who came out of the Azovstal catacombs.” The correspondent says that the soldiers who surrendered “arrogantly and without a twinge of conscience” used the citizens of Mariupol as a human shield until recently. The story also tells about the attempt of the Ukrainian authorities to hide the video of the surrender of the military personnel who held the defense at Azovstal, because. the whole world will be able to see authentic evidence of the revival of Nazism (we are talking about tattoos on the bodies of military personnel).
There is nothing special to comment on in this case. Belarusian propagandists joined in the joyous howl of their Russian colleagues.
The next story was dedicated to Ukrainian refugees. The leitmotif of the plot is that the Ukrainian army kills civilians, but not the Russian one. The heroes of the plot are refugees from the Donetsk region. They do not directly accuse the Armed Forces of Ukraine of shelling columns with refugees, but only state the facts of shelling. However, referring to information from their acquaintances, they say that there are cases of “arrivals” at civilian facilities and from the Armed Forces of Ukraine. At the same time, the presenter interprets this information as that the shelling of civilians is carried out precisely by the Ukrainian army; even the hypothetical possibility of such actions by the Russian military is not allowed.
The plot did not do without praise for Lukashenko, who is “clever and a man of his word”. A “man of his word” is when in the summer of 2020 you promise not to allow an attack on Ukraine from the territory of Belarus, but in February 2022 you do the opposite. Better not to say.
The publication of stories about the situation in the “liberated” (occupied) territories of Ukraine continues. This time – from Kherson.
Nothing has changed in the city. Only instead of Ukrainian flags, red ones are fluttering everywhere, and a curfew has also been introduced;
– housing and communal services are working, it will soon be possible to pay for services in Russian rubles;
– due to the supply of energy carriers from the Russian Federation, communal services and travel in public transport will become cheaper;
– There are problems with food. Rescues humanitarian aid from Russia;
– the holiday season should not be expected due to the planned counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
– in the resort town of Skadovsk, children from Belarus and Russia (before 2014) were attacked by nationalists because they were not Ukrainians.
After watching the plot, one gets the impression that “we immediately created problems in order to heroically solve them later.” As early as February 23, there were no problems with food in Kherson. There was no need to depend on humanitarian supplies from abroad. The whole style of the plot is based on the return to the “native harbor” of the Kherson region. And her stay in Ukraine is just some kind of misunderstanding. Now the Soviet flags have been hung up – and prosperity will come.
The plot also promotes the charms of the arrival of the “Russian world”. So far, these are promises to reduce tariffs for housing and communal services and travel in public transport. The generosity is unheard of, of course.
It can be stated that the plot about refugees from the Donetsk region and from the occupied Kherson was made according to the patterns of Russian propaganda. However, they also trace a specific Belarusian propaganda narrative – about a stable and prosperous Belarus with a good and economic president.