Many of the world’s most popular websites have been blocked in Iran. In response to the 2019 Iranian protests, the Iranian government implemented an internet shutdown that reduced internet traffic in the country to 5% of its usual amount. In light of more recent events, that percentage is even lower.
Freedom of Information
Internet Access out of Iran
From simple, test instant messengers that can keep in touch without the Internet. For example: https://bridgefy.me/ https://briarproject.org/ The Internet will not replace, but is better than nothing.
From more complex:
Ceno (short for censorship.no!) is the world’s first mobile browser that side-steps current Internet censorship methods. Its peer-to-peer backbone allows people to access and share web information in and across regions where connectivity has been interrupted or compromised.
The probability of a shutdown is increasing, save this instruction
THIS MATERIAL (INFORMATION) IS PRODUCED AND (OR) DISTRIBUTED BY THE FOREIGN AGENT “ROSKOMSVOBODA” OR RELATED TO THE ACTIVITIES OF THE FOREIGN AGENT “ROSKOMSVOBODA”. 18+
Roskomsvoboda technical specialists do not rule out mass shutdowns and VPN blocking.
How to prepare:
Download and save bridges for Tor Browser (you can do this via Telegram Bot; Via the website (from Russia under VPN); By mail – email@example.com, send an email from Gmail with the subject “get transport obfs4”).
5️⃣ Censor Tracker , where you can now configure work through the Tor / Psiphon network.
– Amnesia VPN is a self-hosted free and simple VPN service that allows you to use Cloak, a protocol currently immune to protocol blocking
– Amnesia VPN Free – subscribe to this channel, depending on the type of blocking, the necessary instructions and configs will be posted there
– RedShield VPN – a commercial VPN, is one of the few that successfully resist blocking and has on board tools to bypass DPI blocking
– Xeovo VPN is also a commercial VPN service that provides the ability to configure DPI-resistant protocols (payment with a Russian card through the vpnpay service)
– BlancVPN @FCK_RKN_bot is a commercial VPN with three available protocols, including block-resistant ones.
These services will resist blocking and try to stay available.
We recently released an update to our Censor Tracker browser extension that allows you to configure a custom proxy on the SOCKS (4/5) and HTTP (S) protocols, this makes it possible to configure the extension to work through the Tor / Psiphon network.